Mutual Support Program
“To create a community where the strength of all supports the needs of each.”
This is the mission statement for Stanley Mutual Insurance Company, a 100% member owned New Brunswick company protecting our communities since 1937. Community is our foundation and is represented in our Core Values.
The COVID-19 pandemic is unprecedented and has threatened the health and well-being of our family, friends and neighbours. We wanted to assist our communities by donating $40,000 as our contribution to a $2,000,000 national support program sponsored by Farm Mutual Re (our Reinsurer).
We selected 10 New Brunswick non-profit organizations we felt could benefit from these funds.
From September 24 to October 15, 2020 we were on the road and handed out cheques to these organizations:
- Just Friends Food Bank in Stanley
- Miramichi Community Food Bank
- Women in Transition House
- Blacks Harbour School
- Partners for Youth
- Fredericton Community Foundation
- Greater Blackville Resource Centre
- Lakeland Industries Sheltered Workshop
- Tree of Hope
- Start SMART Family Learning Centre (Keswick Valley School)